Neuer Mega-Artikel zu Fallout 76 bei Game Informer (Zusammenfassung)
Gibt wohl nicht sonderlich viel wirklich Neues drin, aber hier mal eine Zusammenfassung, die einer auf Reddit gepostet hat:
- The Overseer left the vault before everyone else. The main quest is long, longer than in other games because it takes you across the entire map, and at the end the player is expected to be of a higher level. The quest finale has to do with launching your first nuclear bomb.
- Similarly to Skyrim, some quest are immediately given to a player when they approach a location or point of interest. For example, you come close to a mine, and a quest pops up telling you to explore the mine.
- There is no dialogue in the game and your character is voiceless. The NPC robots still speak, and you can still barter with some of them, but no „real“ dialogue trees or choices.
- There are side quests as well as new world events in which PvP is turned off. These world events are more geared towards groups, and as such everyone in the server will get them. You can fast travel to them. An example of an event is a mission where you need to escort a group of robots to different locations, and they will make comments on the locations you take them to. If they’re alive at the end you get a reward. World events give some of the best loot in the game.
- Bethesda is planning to add new perk cards in the future, as well as themed-cards (probably for Holidays and the like).
- The cap is 24 players per game, and 4-player squads. However, Bethesda implied that it’s possible that the limit may be raised for special servers some time down the road. You can fast travel to your teammates.
- You can build harvesters to harvest special resources near your camp, like aluminium deposits. If you’re playing in a group, the four players can connect their camps together so they can form bigger settlements, but after a player logs out their segment will be gone with them. There are public settlements that are bigger and offer more resources, but are also raided by battalions of hostile mobs.
- If you take lesser valuable resources from another player’s settlement, like fruit or vegetables, you’ll get in trouble.
- As the map is four times the size of Fallout 4, it’s less dense with a bigger focus on distance between points of interests. However, it is still more packed with content than any other Bethesda game.
- You can now pick up Power Armor frames in your inventory after you run out of battery in your fusion core.
- Aside from thirst and famine, you also need to watch out for radiation and toxic air.
Außerdem noch neue Infos zu CAMP:
New info on building as well. You can overlap camps with your friends to build larger settlements. They said specifically they did one test where 12 people came together and made a city.